Etsy has recently declared a whole new collection of modifications. Not only that they have raised their prices from 3.5% to 5% (shipping fees also has increased), but they will charge you for about $10 up to $20 every month for 4 additional Etsy Plus features.
But is it worth the investment? Here are some of the basic Etsy features and functionalities in addition to the top Pros & Cons as reported by real shop owners on Etsy. Just Keep Reading
Pros, and Cons Of Selling On Etsy
Etsy is a good place to start For These Reasons:
- Product listing is remarkably simple to set up. You can perform a product listing in a matter of seconds. Then if you want you may copy all the required info as you add more products to ensure that all data are the same.
- Adjusting final balances and calculating your earnings is made simple as you can effortlessly download financial statements at the end of every month.
- Etsy traffic a portion of interested visitors to your shop. Yet it varies from product to another, as not all products can generate organic Etsy traffic that easily. Many Etsy shop owners have reported that having 100 items listed can greatly help your store to easily be found on Etsy.
- The Etsy mobile application is especially effective – for easily contacting your customer, listing any products updates, and posting about any special offers, coupons or discounts.
- Reasonably straightforward to add new items, tag, shipping details, product updates etc.
Etsy is may not be that good of a place to start For These Reasons:
- It takes a lot of promotional and advertising time and money to get popular and sell big on Etsy. Especially that, for artists and makers- who are the main targeted customer- it can be incredibly hard to keep up with the amount of effort required to achieve the number of sales that can keep their work going. Artists will probably like to focus on the innovative part of their talents in order to create a distinguished one of kind pieces and crafts.
- Large manufacturers have their own shops on Etsy. This makes it even harder for individual artists on lower marketing budgets to stand out of the crowd.
- Exceptional images are necessities and descriptive information and product details also help with search engines ranking. This as mentioned before will need a ridiculous amount of time other than your product creating time.
- Promoting your Etsy shop on different social media platform is also essential: Facebook, Etsy Teams, Wanelo, Twitter, Tumblr.
- It’ s not as cheap as it seems. The fees, although they feel small, really add up. A listing fee + a sales fee + a credit card fee. That’s because if you have a substantial amount of products and you need to list and relist.
- The Etsy product market is getting extremely saturated by the hour. And if you think that you are going to create a new brand of creative products, think again, you ‘ll get imitated before you know it.
- Selling even a decent sum but you can still feel that you’re not getting enough profits.
- Etsy seems like they have lost their handicraft perception. Want a special piece of jewelry? You’re probably going to find numerous “sellers” trading it so cheap that it’s obvious they aren’t hand-making it, and that the genuine artists and crafters who are actually trying to hand-make it can’t compete on Etsy. So, it’s a lost cause for solo artists, which is frustrating and not fair at all.
Etsy is well known and valued by customers. However, directing your effort on something that will pay off with the so many complex elements that will influence your listings can be really nerve-wracking.
Overall, Etsy doesn’t seem like a significant upgrade if you are already on other platforms. Etsy Wholesale and the countless other incompetent marketing tools can’t really assist you if you don’t give them a 101% time, effort and money in order to configure them properly.
So if you want to Get Startd With Etsy Click HERE
And Fell Free To Tell Us What Do You Think About Etsy Features, What impresses You And What Doesn’t. Or If you simply Have Your Own Experience, Please Let Us Know in The Comments.